Monday, 25 July 2016
Not much to report this week. I survived my infection, im all done with the antibiotics and although im still coughing I can breathe well. Today i even did exersize for the first time in 2 weeks! Felt great!
Today we are in Lomas de Zamora shopping! I am buying a few things to take home and my companion is buying a few things that she needs.
Suday I was asked to teach the Young Womens class and I loved it! I love being with the youth,theyre so great and i love seeing faithful young people.
Our recent convert Gino brought his 8 year old brother Agustin (who is to be baptised in 2 weeks!) and 4 year old sister Guadalupe to church on sunday, poor little Guada felt totally asleep on my arm in sacrement meeting haha, but they both enjoyed the primary class!
Im short on time today, but ive attached a photo of me making waffles with the Petito family yesterday! It was great fun and really delish! I want a waffle machine!
See you all in 1 month!
Monday, 11 July 2016
Love you all!
There´s a photo attached with Selene just after she came out of the water, im gonna try to send more but my camera is being a little lame connecting to this computer.
5. saw a halarious marquee set up on the side of the road which had written above: Marquee of Miracles! haha, its where you go to buy blessings from God! Amazing right? If i had known that blessings could be bought i would have stayed home working instead of coming on the mission, shame i found that one out 6 weeks before the end! :P haha
4. Its sweet week here in Argentina! "Candy for a kiss", i got a few candies from people and obviously i gave the famales a kiss ON THE CHEEK, dont bew getting too scandalized anyone.
3. We ate ice cream as a district to say goodbye to each other, all in scarfs and hats and gloves because it was reall cold haha.
2. Our district leader made up his own little crazy aerobics dance and we did that in district meeting to some EFY music, was really funny!
1. Kid was being naughty in sacrement and the mum goes to take him out and he screams: "Bishop! Help me! Help me!" haha
Other things that happened this week:
I had to go into the hospital on Thursday for a lump on my wrist which after a few tests turns out to be a ganglion cyst, nothing serious at all. We got to stay with Hermana Rodriguez and her companion and obviously Rodri and I spent a good many hours catching up! She is not at all happy to be recieving a sister, poor jealous big sister haha.
I am with the amazing Hermana Shepard until we recieve our daughters tomorrow.
Hermana Rodriguez, my first daughter has just completed 1 year in the mission, i am literally recieving my 2nd daughter exactly one year after the first. It is going to be hard to beat the relationship that Hermana Rodriguez and I have because we are super close, but i know I am going to have a great 6 weeks together, because yes.... as of today I officially have 6 weeks left of my mission! Today is also my 17th birthday month here in Argentina!
This week has been AMAZING! One of the best of my whole mission.Let me start off my explaining the caption haha, I am about to be a Mum for the second time, aka, i am going to be training a new missionary who arrives tomorrow from the Misisonary Training Center. I dont know where she is from yet.
6. My Dog Torti is on vacation, the block all pitched in to get her spayed and the neighbour is taking care of her until she recovers from her operation.7: The BEST day of my mission happened..... I got a call on Wednesday from Hermana Rodriguez saying that on saturday we would be companions again for the day since president had giving us special permission to go to Selene´s baptism in Lanus! Missionaries here NEVER recieve permission to go to baptisms in previous areas, but since Selene had that traumatic experience of being burnt before her baptism last year President Calquin thought it would be a great surprise for her if we went. So my daughter and i left our companions working in Adrogue and returned to Lanus for the first time in nearly a year and I cannot even explain what an amazing experience it was! I saw all my converts from there and gave the talk on baptism and we both sung a childrens hymn. There were a lot of tears! Selene cried when she saw us as did Lorena and Agustina, we cried hugging members and converts and great friends. I cannot explain the emense joy i felt seeing how well all the people are there, people that i really poured my soul into helping while i was there!
Monday, 4 July 2016
This week has been stormy and very wet, but no floods this year!
This week I met the new President and Hermana Calquin form Chile. Theyre fntastic! It was ahalarious meeting, got really trunky as they told us how the met and President Calquin acted out his huge challenge of wining his wifes heart haha. They then started giving marriage adice which was halarious since we are a bunch of missionaries that cant even date haha.
President Calquin told us that when he had his interview to be mission president he didnt feel prepared and the apostle said: "President, do you love your wife? If you do, then you are preapred." I things thats the truth because all the leaders in the church seem to have such love and care for their wives!
This week i really go to see the fruits of my laybors, in many different ways.
I got a call this week from the Elders in Lanus, my area this time last year, saying: "Hermana, there´s someone who would like to talk to you here", then a womens voice said really emotionally, "Hermana Wilson! Its Lorena Vaca!"
My eyes instantly filled with tears. This lovely women was baptised a year ago, i taught her all the lessons and a few weeks later her daughter was baptised as well. I was very close to them and then they both went inactive just as i left that area because of some great trials they had. I left that area with a heavy heart wondering if there was anything i could have done better, and the last i heard about them over 6 months ago was that they were both still inactive.
Lorena told me on the phone that she has just recieved her patriarachal blessing, she has a calling at church and this coming saturday we are going to meet with her in the temple! Agustina is also a active and happy 17 year old!
That was enough to fill my soul with joy, but then i was told that Celeste is about to get her mission call. In Lanus we worked constantly with this 18 year old girl, the only member in her family who was going through a lot of trails. We prayed and fasted for her, we consoled her, we told her off for not being true to the Lord, we spoke to her on the phone when she called late at night. We managed to get her well and active for about a month and a half and then the trials became too much and she became completely inactive. It broke my heart and once again i wondered if i was somehow failing her. To hear that she will soon be in the mission was overjoying!
But thats not all! I was then told that Selene is to be baptised this coming saturday! Selene is the 11 year old niece of Lorena Vaca, we taught her a lot and she is so spiritual and so special, but a week before her baptism a pot of boiling oil fell on her legs and she couldnt be baptised. Now 10 months later and fully recovered, Selene is about to be baptised and the Elders are teaching her family!
But thats not all!!!.....
This Saturday Marta Gonzalez form here in Ciudad Evita was also baptised! We have been teaching her all my time here and have seen how the gospel has healed her broken heart after the death of her 2 sons. It was a beautiful service and i do not doubt that there were angels in the water with her. We were very concerned about how to baptised her being that she is 70 and quite big, we had the elders in white just in case help was needed. But it went so prefectly that it seemed angels lifted her form the water. I was praying with all my heart that it would be okay and my prayer was answered. Martas family ws there too! It was stressfull because the hot water was really slow and so we hd to fill the baptism font with buckets of hot water! Hence why my hair is kinda wet in the photos, it was also boring with rain and really humid!
But thats not all the miracles!
The Elders from Monte Grande called and told me that saturday afternoon Liber Alonso was baptised. Liber is a 23 year old that I taught in my previous area. He was a miracle find! We were passing by a house and i felt very strongly that we needed to knock on the door and ask them if they knew the person that we were looking for because we couldnt find the hosue. In the end the older man that answered didnt know, but said he´s ask his son, his son didnt know either, but was very interested in our message and we began to teach him. He was just baptised!
This week has shown me that no effort is waisted, that no act of kindness, no good word spoken is ever in vain. Sometimes we cant see the fruits of our laybours, but theyre there. I am so, so grateful to have been able to recieve these great news this week and know that God worked through me for the salvation of the human soul!
I love you all!