Monday 6 July 2015

Annoucing the arrival of my first daughter.....

On tuesday we went to the mission home for our new companions.... and at 4pm I welcomed my first daughter to the Mission Field. Hermana Rodriguez from Barcelona Spain! She is great! We get along really well! Her brother served his mission in Australia Perth! 

She has a lot of adjusting to do and we were both sick with the flu this week so it has been a rough first week for her. But we have a busy week this week!

I dont have anything super exciting to report really... Except we almost caught our flat on fire lighting some candles and putting them in a glass jar that then shattered, that was quite excting haha.

Today I finish the the 3 gospels in the bible for the first time (Matthew, Mark, Luke and John) and I really have enjoyed learning more about the life of Jesus Christ. I can see how it has helped me a lot as a missionary and a person. Here we see a lot of poverty and ruined families and we hear about the real dificulties that the people here face. As a missionary we really see what a difference the gospel can make in the lives of families who embrace it. Even the families who seem so perfect from the outside. 
Our recent converts Agustina and Lorena are really a true model of this, they both had harsh lives and when they embraced the gospel they have found real happiness and a new sence of self worth. They let go of the habits that were harming their lives and in such a short amount of time I have seen them both change so much! 
I was so pleased to here that Balta, a man that I began teaching with Hna Orgill in Olmos, was baptised last week! It made me so happy!!

Hermana Rodriguez and I are ready to work! I have 13 months left here to give my soul, mind, heart and strength to these people and I hope that when I go home I will be able to say that I made a diference in the lives of these people and in the process became a better person.

Thank you all for your love and support!

Hermana Wilson

No comments:

Post a Comment