Monday 20 July 2015

Roller Coaster!

Greetings All!

The week started off great with a really good family home evening with two of our recent converts and one of our investigators. We gave the lesson and since it was also a girls night we decided to teach about The Perfect Man haha. We used examples of people from the scriptures who were good examples of the men we should be with and had a halarious time making lists of good qualities haha. We decided that other that Jesus Christ, Moroni from the Book of Mormon looked like a pretty good candidate hahaha #MormonHumor. The scriptures Alma 48:11-13, 17 were mostly what we talked about haha. 

Our investigator Selene who is 10 cam running up to us the other day saying that she recieved her answer and wanted to be baptised August 1st!  We have been teaching her a while and are really excited for her. 

Thursday at 12am I woke up vomiting which was not cool! Anyone who knows me will know that I would rather break my leg than be vomiting. I was not empressed since last week I had the flu and I have already had a tummy bug in the mission. 
I eat fairly well, but the higiene standards here arent very high and we are outside all day so it is not really surprising that I keep getting sick here, I bought some vitamins today and the mission has just annouced that they will reemburse fruit and vegetables up to a certain amount, so I went on a health food shopping spree, which should help me not get sick again. 

It was not cool that I was sick that day especially because it was Argentina Independence Day and we missed the ward activity :( But probably for the best since theyre celebrating the day they were freed from Spain and my companion is Spanish haha

We had a training this week for new missionaries (my comp) and their trainers (me!) with president and it was such a good day! President always talks a lot about pride and humility and it really motivated me. 

As missionaries we dont put the name of Jesus Christ on our chests nd get sent out as servants of God so we can take a bow, shake some hands and glory in praise. At least we really shouldnt!
We put on that badge, roll up our selves and get to work, understanding that the higher the calling/position the higher the servive. In Mark 10:44-45 it says "And whosoever of you will be the chiefest shall be servant of all. For even the son of man came not to be ministered unto, but to minister, and to give his life a randsome for many". Its not likely that I will sacrifice my life for this cause as did Jesus Chirst and many of his apostles. But I hope that I can sacrifice a humble 18 months as a servant for all. If I bring one thing back from this 18 months I want it to be humility. There is a quote by Dieter F Uchtdorf that really explains humility to me,
 "Some suppose that humility is about beating ourselves up. Humility does not mean convincing ourselves that we are worthless, meaningless or of little value. Nor does it mean denying or withholding the talents God has given us. We dont discover humilty by thinking less OF ourselves, we discover humility by thinking less ABOUT ourselves.. It comes as we go about serving God and our fellowmen.
I was thinking a lot about pride this week. How many of the worlds problems and family and relationship problems would be solved if we were all a little more humble. Quicker to say sorry and to ask for help, slower to think about ourselves and quicker to help others without expecting a reward or praise. 
The answer is serving others! And LOVE, pure LOVE! I think theres a song about that somewhere... If there is not, there should be!

I hope that you all have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment