Monday 26 October 2015

Miracles

So the rainbow always comes after the rain right? RIGHT!

This week was great after wednesday!

I was on some painkillers that made me loopy and that was halarious for everyone in the offices Tuesday, I turned up and everything was happening in slow motion and I was saying whatever came into my head and then fell asleep on the sofa in the offices and they called a car to take me home haha. I slept the rest of the day and decided not to take those pills anymore haha.

Wednesday I had a meeting with the President of the mission and well, theyre not sending me home so thats a bonus haha. He is fantastic! Actually everyone here is fantastic. I think that in some ways it was a blessing to have been so sick last weekend because I was really made to see how much everyone here really loves and cares for each other. 
From my companion who was there the whole time comforting me and translating and making phone calls to everyone. The Zone leaders who ran our baptism since we couldnt be there and the Assistants who were with us i the hospital until 3am, the other Elders who we sent to get my ID but also got my clothes, pijamas and even my teddy and some socks and a wollen hat haha, so that I would be comfotable in the hospital, and they call all the time to check on me. President and Hna Thurgood who went on our behalf to our baptism, kept in contact with my parents, picked us up from the hopital, call me all the time. The office staff who went and picked up the medicines and vitamins that I needed. Members of the church who have been brought us lunch to the house each day until I was back on my feet and called all the time to see how I was doing. All the other Hermanas that have been an amazing help and support.

This mission and this church really is a great big family who love and look out for each other and I am so greatful for all they have done.

We had another baptism in the ward this Saturday, Nahuel who is great boy the elders have been teaching but we have been visiting him too and so he asked us to speak at his baptism which was a real privelege! 

We found 6 new people to teach on thursday and friday! I was a true miracle, we were really pleased!

Its the last week of the month and we are super poor which is really halarious, I always entend to manage my allowance super well, but something always happens! Like I have an alergic reaction and have to buy medicine or we have to buy lunch for some reason haha. And my companion has a pastries addiciton which is breaking her bank haha. But we are blessed! Because every day this week we have lunch with members so we dont have to have any food, just breakfast and a snack for dinner haha. #RoughingIt

I dont have much more time to write today, but I hope youre all well and know I love you loads!

Here´s a photo of Nahuel´s baptism and of our fridge loaded with food! Check out how milk is here, it is sold in bags and then it goes in a little plastic thing to pour it. 

Hermana Wilson

No comments:

Post a Comment