Monday 1 June 2015

Service and Zone Activities and "Are you Crazy?" "No I am Mormon!"

This week flew by! I feel like I just wrote!

We did a lot of service this week, helping some people to concrete the floor of the house read to tile. First we were taking all the tiles off the old concrete and here they stick it down with tar so we got covered in tar. Then when it came time to put the concrete down we had to mix it buy hand because the power cut just as we began to mix, so that was kinda a downer! But it was loads of fun, although it ruined by shoes! and I think the dust got in my camera and killed it, so im gonna have to get another one. But it was so nice to do some service. 

Its strange being in the city, everyone stares at us, the people think we are crazy. Its kinda funny haha Theres a scripture in Mosiah 13:4 that says:  because I have spoken the word of God ye have judged me that I am mad.  And that has kinda become our slogan here haha, especially because in spanish it is much funnier. 
Hermana Callis and I have been having a lot of fun, we have been learning disney songs in Spanish for language study, our apartment is like a disney disco each night, I dunno what the naighbours think about their crazy mormon neighbours. We put a nice big picture of Jesus on the door and they put one on their door too, with some kind of herbs.... Maybe they think we are vampires and they can fend us off with rosemary? 

Today we had our Zone activity and it was loads of fun, we played soccer, watched Rio and made empanadas and celebrated Elder Fishers birthday, I have a great zone!

I was really sad to hear of the death of Elder L. Tom Perry, one of the 12 apostles, he served us wel

Hope you are all well! I love you all and think of you all often, thank you for the letters and prayers you send me and for the great memories I have with you all. I love to share photos and memories of my friends and family back home with my companions here.

Stay safe ,
Hermana Wilson

No comments:

Post a Comment